How difficult is it?
kubernetes security certification is not that challenging. However, the scope of questions is wide. You should have some knowledge of the core Kubernetes resources, understanding what they are for and how to create them. In addition, knowledge of troubleshooting and cluster construction is also required as it is a qualification for administrators. ( Check the curriculum for more detailed questions )
- • Application Lifecycle Management 8%
- • Installation, Configuration & Validation 12%
- • Core Concepts 19%
- • Networking 11%
- • Scheduling 5%
- • Security 12%
- • Cluster Maintenance 11%
- • Logging / Monitoring 5%
- • Storage 7%
- • Troubleshooting 10%
Kubernetes certification points to pass
Please continue reading for a test summary and some advice on how to do well.
The kubernetes training program by CNCF and Linux Foundation started in 2017. There are three main types of qualifications:
• CKAD (Kubernetes Application Developer Certification): A qualification to prove that you have the technical ability to design, build, configure, and publish cloud-native applications for Kubernetes.
• CKA (Kubernetes Administrator Certification): A qualification that proves that you can perform basic tasks as a Kubernetes administrator, such as deploying, configuring, and managing production-level Kubernetes clusters.
• CKS (Kubernetes Security Specialist Certification): A qualification for people who have obtained CKA certification course . A qualification to prove your skills to secure container-based applications and Kubernetes platforms at each stage of construction, deployment, and operation.
The test can be taken online using the test taker’s personal computer. In a 2-hour hands-on test, you will hit commands to operate Kubernetes.
Tips and advice for the exam:
Understand the curriculum first
Familiarize yourself with the curriculum well in advance of the exam. Time is tight on exam day.
The kubernetes certification training credential has a curriculum for each of the three qualifications and is revised three times a year to coincide with the latest version of Kubernetes. Additionally, the curriculum lists the weighting for each exam section. As a strategy on the day of the test, starting with a simple problem with a large weight is also a good idea.
The Linux Foundation has published many free content to help you pursue your Kubernetes certification. Free courses, webinars, tutorials, and more.
To deepen your understanding of Kubernetes for the exam, the key is to solidify the basic knowledge of such content. Substantial efforts are required. “It’s a plus to understand Docker to some extent. It’s not necessary to know everything, but it’s better to know the basics, such as how to get and create containers, and the reason why containers exist in the first place.”
Those who apply for the Kubernetes certification exam can use Killer.sh’s exam simulator, which is affiliated with CNCF, for free. It is a simulator that mimics the testing environment in every way. Therefore you must be aware of the time. 90% of those who fail to say they didn’t have enough time.”
“Time management is the key. Mistakes lead to time loss, so troubleshooting is important.
Advice from successful applicants
During the exam, you can have only one document tab open in your browser. Be prepared to access “kubernetes.io/docs” and bookmark it.
In terms of saving time during exams, some handy kubectl commands and aliases also help reduce the amount of typing. However, the effectiveness of these techniques also largely depends on whether they are comfortable for the individual. “Don’t get too hung up on these trick codes and commands. Focus on the test at hand and the techniques that work for you.
“There’s a lot of advice to pre-create commands and aliases to reduce typing, but it’s not necessary personally. All you need to do is know the commands, bookmark the appropriate pages of the document.
Skills required to pass
To pass the exam, it is necessary to be able to:
- Create, edit, and delete various resources (Deployment, Pod, Service, etc.)
- Mount environment variables
- Network settings connecting various resources
Help is available on the command line, you can check the usage examples of various kubectl commands. Son you can check possible values in the manifest.
If you don’t understand, you can look up the official document by reverse lookup.
- You can create a manifest by referring to the sample code
- You can reflect the contents in the manifest while checking the meaning of detailed setting values.
- Linux commands such as file operation/editing, and character string search can be used.
- File operations using cp, mv commands, etc.
- File editing with vim
- Document search using less, grep, etc.
Practice is the key to any exam. Kubernetes certification, in particular, has a fairly limited exam time and is hands-on, so practising common scenarios in advance is a shortcut to success. “Speed is of utmost importance. Hence you don’t spend a lot of time browsing documents. Bookmarks can save you a lot of time, and it’s a good idea to use a simulator to train you to speed up.”
Additional Read: Best Gears for Military Troops For Higher Safety And Security