Explain the marriage certificate apostille
A marriage certificate is a document that contains all the information about the marriage of the person. The details such as the name of both the husband and wife, date, time, place and all other information that is important. The document is attested by various authorities after they verify the information that is written in the document.
An apostille stamp is placed by the Ministry of External Affairs. This stamp signifies that the document is genuine and all the details that are mentioned are true. A marriage certificate apostille is necessary as it gives surety to the other country and also adds authenticity to the document. Apostille also makes the verification process faster in foreign countries. It is an essential step for all the member countries of the Hague Nations.
Documents that are essential for an apostille marriage certificate
There are a few documents needed that are essential for the marriage certificate. These are mentioned below:
- Major Documents
- An original Marriage Certificate is mandatory.
- Supporting Documents
- A photocopy of the Passport (Only the front and back pages).
- A license photocopies
- Aadhar card photocopy
Complete the Procedure for the marriage certificate apostille
There are steps that a person should know about the marriage certificate apostille. Although, a professional apostille service provider is needed to get the documents apostilles. As of 2012, no person can go directly to get the apostille marriage certificate. A complete guide for the marriage certificate apostille is as follows:
- Notary Attestation: To begin the attestation process, a person has to get an apostille stamp. In this, the document is at first carefully checked by the notary. All the details are matched with the supporting documents. When all the information is found correct then the notary will attest the marriage certificate.
- State/SDM Attestation: In this step, an individual went to either of the authority that is State or SDM. Both authorities will work in a similar manner. However, if the country where documents are to be shown then a person has to go ahead with that authority only.
All the documents are verified with other information and other sources. Then, once the document and information are found real and true. Then the authority will place the stamp on the document.
As mentioned above, both authorities do the same work. But there is a major difference in the time frame. For State attestation, the work gets completed in three to four weeks. Although, for State attestation, it takes just three to five weeks to accomplish the work.
- Ministry of External Affairs: This is the final step of the entire apostille process for the Hague Nations. All the documents are carefully investigated by the MEA. An apostille stamp and sticker are placed by the Ministry of External Affairs when the documents are found correct.
- Embassy Attestation: Here, fees and all documents are submitted to the Embassy for attestation. This is the last step for all the countries that are not a part of the Hague Nations. After the verification of all the information documents is attested by the Embassy.
Is the apostille stamp given by the Ministry of External Affairs? What are the details that are given in the apostille paper?
The apostille stamp is provided by the Ministry of External Affairs only when they have completed the verification of documents. This stamp has a unique number that helps another country to know about the certificate more. There are some details that are mentioned in the apostille paper. So, a person can check below all the information:
- Certificate No: A special number is written
- Certificate issued Date: 11/11/1111(date and time)
- Account Reference: AN ALPHA CODE FOR REFERENCE
- Unique Doc. Reference: ALPHANUMERIC CODE
- Purchased by: APPLICANT NAME
- Description of Document: ARTICLE 4 AFFIDAVIT
- Description: AFFIDAVIT
- Consideration Price (Rs.): ZERO
- First Party: NAME OF PERSON
- Second Party: N/A
- Stamp Duty Paid By: NAME OF PERSON
- Stamp Duty Amount (Rs.): AMOUNT
Charges a person has to pay to get the documents apostilled
There are some charges that are paid to get the apostille of the documents. Although, the charges might fluctuate due to some reasons. In case, there are more documents, or type of documents might also affect the documents charges.
Moving ahead, there are many authorities involved so a lot of charges are paid there also. Additionally, if the applicant needs pick and drop service that might also add some money. In short, only the hired provider can only tell the amount after analyzing the documents.
Time frame to get a marriage certificate apostille
There is no fixed time period to get a marriage certificate apostille. However, if the procedure is followed correctly and there is no rush of applications. Then the complete process takes only 10-15 days to finish. Moving ahead, the time might increase if there are more applications or in case of any uncertainty. So, register here to know about the exact time frame for a marriage certificate apostille.
How many countries are part of the Hague Nation? Is India one of them?
There is a total of 117 countries that are members of the Hague Nations. India is also one of the members of the Hague Nations.
Is Embassy attestation essential for all the documents?
Embassy attestation is one of the essential steps for the attestation of documents. But, it is not a necessary step. It is important for all the countries that are not a part of Hague nations. In addition to this, for all those countries that have demanded embassy attestation.
For Hague Nations:
Notary + State/SDM + Ministry of External Affairs
For Non-Hague Nations:
Notary + State/SDM + Ministry of External Affairs + Embassy Attestation.
What is the Validity of the apostille marriage certificate?
Generally, the validity of an apostille marriage certificate is six months. But there are some countries that accept a certificate having an apostille stamp that is more than six months old or even one year old. So, to know about the accurate validity of the certificate, contact an apostille service provider that is trustworthy and safe.