Lamorne Morris is an American actor, comedian, and television host best known for his role as Winston Bishop on the Fox sitcom New Girl and as the host of the Cartoon Network game show BrainRush. He has also appeared in films, and television series, including A Star, is Born, Yesterday, The Middle, and The Guild.
Lamorne Morris was born on August 14, 1983, in Glen Ellyn, Illinois, and raised in Chicago. He attended Glenbard South High School and later the College of DuPage, where he received a bachelor’s degree in theatre in 2003. He later trained as an actor at The Second City Training Centre, where he was also a member of the Second City’s Outreach and Diversity Ensemble. He is also a recipient of the Chris Farley Memorabilia Award.
Lamorne Morris’s height
Lamorne Morris stands at a towering 5 feet 10 inches, which gives him a dashing presence on film. At the age of 38, an actor has gained popularity due to his perseverance and talent. On August 14, 1983, he was born in Chicago, Illinois, United States. He began his acting career when he was just 19 years old, and as of 2021, he has been in over fifteen films. Lamorne Morris is 5ft 11inches tall, weighs 71kg, has a dark complexion, black hair, and dark brown eyes.
Lamorne Morris was born to a father named Simon Morris and a mother named Crawus Morris, and he grew up with a brother named Saho Morris. Little is known about the rest of his family. Lamorne Morris is of white ancestry and American nationality. Lamorne Morris resides in New York City, New York, United States of America, with his family.
Lamorne Morris was nominated for a Teen Choice Award in 2012 for his work in the 2011 film New Girl, and he has since won and been nominated for several more honors.
Morris has been acting since 2002 and has amassed a large fan base. He currently has over 60,000 Twitter followers and is active on Facebook and various other social media platforms. Morris hasn’t been involved in any documented scandal, speculations, or legal concerns since his rise to stardom in 2002.
Lamorne Morris Net Worth
Lamorne is regarded as one of the most accomplished performers of his generation, having amassed both fame and fortune. In terms of his net worth, he has amassed a sizable fortune throughout his nineteen-year career in the entertainment industry. His net worth is expected to be approximately $4 million by 2022.
Morris has starred in ads for companies such as State Farm Insurance, Twix, Miller Lite, Taco Bell, Las Vegas, Edge, Sears, 7 Up, Chili’s, McDonald’s, Microsoft Windows, Chilies, and Hornitos Tequila. He was named the spokesman for Chicago-based BMO Harris Bank in 2019. Morris began her career as a BET on-air presenter, anchoring HotWyred, interactive technology, gaming show, and the daily music and entertainment news show BET Now. Morris also presented the Cartoon Network game program BrainRush.
Morris made his debut as Winston Bishop in the Fox comedy series New Girl (2011–2018). Morris did not appear until the second episode; he was initially cast as Coach by Damon Wayans Jr. On the other hand, Wayans’ other comedy series, Happy Endings, has been renewed for a second season on ABC’s competitor network. Wayans’ character was supposed to be replaced in the second episode of New Girl, but the producers opted against it and instead wrote him off. Morris wrote and directed the season 4 episode “Par 5”, in which Winston reunites with his father, J.B. Smoove.
Morris will feature in Woke, a half-hour sitcom based on cartoonist Keith Knight’s autobiographical comic strip The K Chronicles on Hulu, which will premiere in November 2018. Hulu renewed the show for a second season on November 17, 2020. Morris has also appeared in Barbershop: The Next Cut (2016), The Christmas Chronicles (2018), Game Night (2018), Jumanji: The Next Level (2019), Bloodshot (2020), and Yesterday (2019), and Desperados (2020).
Morris co-created and performed in Unwanted, a written action-comedy podcast for QCODE, during the Covid-19 lockdown. The eight-part series follows a pair of slackers who seek to apprehend a fugitive killer lurking in their town in exchange for a million-dollar bounty. Morris was cast opposite Phoebe Tonkin and Madison Hu in the independent horror-thriller Night Shift in April 2021. Paul and Benjamin China are set to helm the film. In January 2022, he started cohosting Welcome to Our Show, an IHeartRadio-distributed New Girl revisits podcast with Hannah Simone and Zooey Deschanel.
Lamorne Morris interesting facts
- He used to be a track team member in high school. He was also a member of the concert choir and served as the men’s choir president.
- Lamorne began focusing on theatre in high school, and he was even cast in a vital part in a school production of Godspell.
- He didn’t have the finest college experiences, as he was frequently booted out of class for misbehaving and was frequently put in detention.
- Lamorne has worked as a server at various restaurants, including Famous Dave’s, TGI Fridays in Darien, and Ed Debevic’s.
- He had his first significant break by presenting a few BET shows, for which he had to audition and convince Reginald Hudlin, BET’s head of programming.
- He was a part of Second City’s Outreach and Diversity Ensemble in his early days.
- For his first audition for New Girl, Lamorne had to wear jeggings and a halter top. For the audition, he opted to apply Vaseline to his legs. The show’s producers were not pleased, and he was turned down. They ultimately decided to bring him back for another audition, but they expressly requested that he not dress the same way he did for the previous one since it was distracting.
- He also took acting classes at The Second City Training Center early in his career.
- He aspired to be a basketball player when he was younger, but his interests shifted in high school.