Homemade Hair masks are enriched with natural nourishing oils and ingredients that work well for damaged and dry hair. Learn how to make 4 different types of hair masks.
Dry Hair Home Remedies: The amazing effect of these hair masks is visible in dry-dry hair. It is enough to apply them once a week to make your hair soft and shiny.
Hair Care: Dry-dry hair also looks lifeless and if you touch it, it seems as if you have touched the thorns. If the condition of your hair is also the same, then you should also start applying these hair masks. These hair masks will bring life to even frizzy hair and your hair will become so soft that it will feel as if it has touched butter. Let’s learn without delay to make hair mask for dry hair.
Hair Mask For Dry Hair
Egg, Olive Oil and Mayonnaise
A homemade hair mask for dry hair with a powerful combination of egg, olive oil and mayonnaise deep-conditions the hair and also moisturizes it. To make it, mix one cup of mayonnaise and egg yolk in half a cup of olive oil. Apply it well on your hair and wash the hair after keeping it for 20 minutes. Wash hair thoroughly with shampoo so that it does not smell.
Yogurt, Banana and Honey
This hair masks gives moisture and moisture to the hair. To prepare this mask, mash a banana (Banana) in 2 spoons of curd and add one spoon of honey as well. Now lightly wet the hair and apply this mask and cover the head with a shower cap or something. Wash off this mask after about half an hour.
Egg and lemon
With this egg and lemon hair mask, the hair gets vitamins A, D, C and protein as well as fatty acids which increase the shine of the hair. Crack an egg and take its white part to make a mask. Squeeze half a lemon and mix it well and apply it all over the head. Wash this hair mask after keeping it on the head for half an hour.
Coconut Milk and Olive Oil
Take coconut milk in a cup and mix 2 teaspoons of olive oil in it. Now apply this mixture on your hair from the ends to the roots and keep it on the head for about 15 to 20 minutes. Apart from hydrating the hair, this mask also repairs damaged hair.
Due to these mistakes of weight loss, there is a problem in losing weight, even if you are not doing these 6 Mistakes
This material, including advice, provides general information only. It is in no way a substitute for qualified medical opinion. Always consult an expert or your doctor for more details. NDTV does not claim responsibility for this information.
Apply hair mask, get healthy hair
Is your hair dry? Do you wish you could find something that will make your hair wavy and shiny? If your answer is ‘yes’ then you need a nourishing hair care product that will keep your hair looking good and healthy from inside. Hair mask is one such thing, which nourishes your hair from inside and makes it beautiful from outside as well.
What are hair masks?
Homemade Hair masks are enriched with natural nourishing oils and ingredients that work well for damaged and dry hair. They nourish your hair as well as give it life . It deeply hydrates and deep conditions your hair. Usually it is applied on wet hair, after washing the hair. If you have extremely dry hair, you can also use it to deeply moisturize your hair.
If you want, you can also make hair mask at home. A great hair mask can be made using a few ingredients you have in your kitchen. If you frequently use heating tools, a hair mask will reduce breakage and control damage to your hair.
Why should I use a homemade hair mask?
We should use hair mask because it contains natural oils. They nourish dry and damaged hair with the help of nourishing ingredients.
Benefits Of Hair Mask
There are many benefits of homemade hair masks, which depend on the type of hair you have and the type of hair mask you are using. Generally, hair masks have the following benefits –
make hair shiny
brings moisture to hair
Prevents hair breakage and thus reduces damage
reduce frizz in hair
Result in healthy scalp
strong and healthy hair
How To Make Hair Mask ?
There are many such things available at home, with the help of which you can make the best homemade hair masks. These are the hair masks that our grandmothers have been using for years. They are very effective and prevent your hair from falling, add shine and play an important role in keeping them healthy.
1. Make Egg Mask Hair Mask – Make Egg Mask For Hair
Eggs also contain vitamin A and vitamin E, as well as biotin and folate. All these play an important role in hair growth  and also help in making your hair grow longer.
method of use
Crack 2 eggs in a vessel.
Add 1- 1 teaspoon vinegar, honey and olive oil to it.
Also add 2 teaspoons of lemon juice.
Mix all these and prepare a mixture and apply on your hair.
Wash the hair with plain water after 15-20 minutes.
2. Make Banana Hair Mask – Make Banana Hair Mask
Several studies suggest that bananas have anti-microbial properties , which make your hair healthy in a charismatic way. It reduces dryness and frizz in the hair. If you have dandruff problem in your hair then it also cures it. Banana also makes your hair smooth and shiny.
method of use
Take a small banana and mash it in a bowl.
Add 3- 3 teaspoons of honey, milk and olive oil to it.
Now crack an egg and mix it and make a paste.
Now your hair mask is ready, apply it on the hair.
Leave it on the hair for 15-20 minutes and then clean it with plain water.
3. Green Tea Mask To Reduce Hair Fall Problem
When hair starts falling out wildly, shine disappears and hair starts looking lifeless, then green tea hair mask is the panacea solution for this. Green tea has anti-oxidant and panthenol properties, which make it an effective medicine for hair.
method of use
Put two green tea bags in half a cup of hot water and let it soak for 20 minutes.
When the tea bag is thoroughly soaked, cut it with a handle and take out the tea inside and throw the bag.
Now crack 2 eggs in it and mix it well.
The mixture should neither be thick nor thin.
Now mix this mixture and apply on the scalp first.
After that apply on the length of the hair.
Leave this hair mask on for 30-40 minutes.
Later wash off with the shampoo of your choice.
4. Make Hair Mask With Strawberry – Strawberry Hair Mask
Strawberry is rich in Vitamin C, which makes it very beneficial for hair. It not only nourishes your hair, but also prevents the formation of excess oil. It contains magnesium, omega 3 fatty acids and copper, essential for healthy hair.
method of use
First of all, take 5-6 spoons of strawberry and crush it. It would be better if you take more ripe strawberries, it will be easier to mash them.
Add 3-4 spoons of curd to it.
If you want, put it directly in the mixer and crush it. This will also make a good paste.
Now crack 1 egg and put it in it. Eggs contain protein, which makes your hair mask even better.
If you can’t put eggs, then add mayonnaise to it.
Now add olive oil or coconut oil according to your choice, which gives shine to the hair.
Your hair mask is ready, now apply it from the root and massage it well on the scalp.
Massage on the scalp will also improve blood circulation .
Now tie your hair and cover it with a shower cap so that it does not drip.
Wash it off with shampoo after 30 minutes to an hour.
How to apply hair mask? – How To Apply Hair Mask In Hindi ?
Most homemade hair masks work best when applied on clean towel-dried but lightly damp hair. If you are using a hair mask containing coconut oil or olive oil, then it is better that you apply it on dry hair. Because it has been observed that dry hair has the ability to absorb oil better than wet hair.
The homemade hair masks should be applied in the following way –
1. If not using an oily hair mask, wash your hair with shampoo before applying the hair mask.
2. After this clean it properly and wipe it with a towel.
3. Now to save your clothes, either wear an old dress or put a towel on your shoulders.
4. If your hair is long and thick, then divide it into several parts with the help of a hair clip.
5. Now apply the hair mask with the help of your fingers. If you want, you can also use a small paint brush to apply the hair mask.
6. If you have dry hair, start applying the hair mask from the scalp and then move on to the length of the hair.
7. Once the mask is applied all over the hair, you can also massage the scalp.
8. If you are applying a hair mask to cure dandruff, then you should start from the scalp.
9. If you have oily hair then start applying the hair mask from the middle and then go till the end.
10. Once the hair mask is applied, run a wide-mouthed comb through the hair so that the hair mask is well spread throughout the hair.
11. Now cover your hair with a shower cap or plastic wrap. After this, wrap a towel around your head. This will prevent the mask from dripping and will also give warmth to the hair and scalp. With this, the ingredients of the hair mask will also be well absorbed into your hair.
12. Now leave the hair mask on for a period of 20 to 30 minutes. Some hair masks need to be left on overnight.
13. Wash hair with lukewarm or cold water. Avoid hot water. Cold water seals the hair cuticle and retains excess moisture in your hair.
14. After washing off the hair mask, you should clean the hair twice more with water.
15. You should apply a hair mask once a week to repair dry, frizzy or damaged hair.
16. If your hair tends to be oily, it is a good idea to apply a hair mask once in a few weeks.
17. If you want, you can also use conditioner after the hair mask.
18. It depends on your hair mask whether you shampoo before or after applying hair mask.
19. You can apply a hair mask once or twice a week. But if you are applying a hair mask with a hydrating treatment, be sure to read the directions on the product. Generally, it is recommended to apply the treatment mask only once a week.
Frequently asked questions – FAQs
1. Is it okay to leave a hair mask on the hair all night? – Is There Any Harm To Keep Hair Mask Overnight?
It depends on the ingredients of the homemade hair masks whether it should be left on the hair overnight or not. Protein-rich hair masks cannot be left overnight. The protein hair mask should be kept on the hair for around 20 minutes. If the protein stays on your hair overnight, it will make your hair heavy.
2. Does applying hair mask accelerate hair growth? – Does Hair Grow Faster By Using Hair Mask?
Hair masks contain many proteins and vitamins, which are beneficial for hair. Therefore, by applying a hair mask, hair growth is good. This is because hair masks moisturize the scalp, keep hair soft and prevent hair breakage.
3. Should I shampoo after applying hair mask? –Should I Shampoo After Applying Hair Mask?
After applying several hair masks, it becomes necessary to wash the hair. Because the ingredients present in those hair masks stick to the hair and do not come out from the hair without washing.
If your hair is lifeless, dry and damaged then you must rely on hair masks to nourish your hair. Hair masks contain ingredients that repair and rejuvenate your hair. But remember that you should use hair masks keeping in mind your hair type.