Last Updated on February 21, 2023 by Tabraiz
The Nike SB Dunk, which first appeared in 2002, has grown to be one of the most recognizable shoe designs of all time and a source of creative inspiration. Nike SB Dunks are one of the most sought-after models on the market because they feature buzzworthy collaborations and an effortlessly stylish appearance. Although the Nike Dunk SB is a skating and lifestyle classic today, college basketball is where it all began. Continue reading to learn more about the interesting background of the Nike SB Dunk, as revealed through some of our favorite models that are now for sale.
The biggest understatement in history would be to imply that 1985 wasn’t a big year for basketball shoes. The release of the Air Jordan 1 and the Nike Dunk occurred in the same year. The Air Jordan 1 and the Dunks, both created by Peter Moore, were sold to Michael Jordan fans while the former targeted specifically at NCAA athletes and supporters, respectively. In actuality, the AJ 1s and the Nike Terminator sneaker were the ones that the Nike Dunk High took inspiration.
The basketball sneakers’ initial name, the College Color High, was given in reference to Nike’s strategy of releasing the shoes in a number of
The history of the Nike Dunk SB
It’s difficult to recall a period when skateboarding culture wasn’t widely accepted.
Although the Dunks have been around for more than 30 years, other Nike styles have surpassed the sneakers in popularity over time. Nevertheless, influencers, fashion designers, singers, and artists have worked with the company to create limited-edition hues. Among the notables are:
- 2003 version of the Nike SB Dunk Low “Paris” by French artist Bernard Buffet
- Diamond Supply Co.’s “Tiffany” shade of the Nike SB Low from 2005.
- Collaboration between the band U.N.K.L.E. and Dunk SB High for their 2004 song “U.N.K.L.E.”
- The 2017 Nike Dunk High and COMME des GARCONS collaboration
The best Nike Dunk colorways right now
Few sneakers have had a better year than the Nike Dunk. The Nike Dunk saw an incredible climb to prominence owing to a number of high-profile partnerships and some assistance from celebrities, going from cult sneakerhead favorite to the most sought-after staple.
Currently, some of the finest Nike dunk colorways are:
– Although we adore pastels year-round, it seems impolite to not have at least one highlight pastel hue in your rotation when summer is just around the corner.
– We have seen the Nike Dunk Low dressed in these colors before, and we remain smitten with them. This colorway of the Dunk should be at the top of your list if you’re searching for one to wear consistently.
– This year has seen a number of incredibly popular white and grey Nike releases, and the Nike Dunk Low Photon Dust is one of them. This pair, which was introduced on April 16, has a smooth white leather top with almost neutral grey overlays for a clean look.
– On March 12, the Nike Dunk Low Hyper Cobalt was reissued. The color scheme contrasts Hyper Cobalt with a dark background to a striking effect. This pair isn’t outrageous, but it also doesn’t blend in with the surroundings.
– Varsity color schemes are always winners. We haven’t yet come across a color scheme that is varsity-inspired that we dislike. The orange and white version of Syracuse is proof that two-tone color schemes have an innate ability to capture the eye.
– In the world of sneakers, where louder designs are frequently rewarded, the finest hues occasionally come in the simplest forms. On February 25, the Nike Dunk High Vast Grey was on sale, and it immediately became popular. There are no surprises.
– Nike SB, which debuted in 2002, is maybe responsible for preserving the Nike Dunk. This pair establishes a link between Nike SB and Nike ACG, two of the Swoosh’s most well-liked sub-labels, and the better suede pair makes it obvious why.
– Back in January, this Nike Dunk Low was dressed in coast-light UCLA’s Coast palette, and we continue to reminisce about it. Subtle design elements like the University Gold embroidery on the tongue label and heel tab give this shoe a unique individuality.
Apart from this, if you want to know about Why Is the Air Jordan 1 So Popular then please visit our Lifestyle category