Last Updated on February 6, 2023 by hassan abbas
WiFi or wireless internet connectivity is an amazing innovation. Without a WiFi connection, your home internet is restricted to only the devices that can connect to your modem or gateway via a LAN cable.
Setting up WiFi at home seems mysterious if you are a newbie. But you don’t have to worry! Here’s our short tutorial to get high-speed WiFi in 4 simple steps. Read on!
Get a WiFi Router
The first step to getting high-speed WiFi at home is to get a wireless router (if you don’t have one).
If you are confused about the make and model, then let us tell you that the Netgear N300 WiFi router is one of the best devices used worldwide.
Connect Your WiFi Router
Once you have bought the Netgear Nighthawk N300 router, simply unpack it, plug it into a working wall outlet, and then connect the device to your existing modem using an Ethernet cable.
The power LED on your Netgear N300 router will blink. This indicates that the connection between your N300 device and the modem has been successfully established. Make sure that both devices are receiving a constant power supply. For the Netgear N300 setup, this step is very important. Once done, proceed toward the next step.
Configure Your Netgear N300 Router
To get blazing-fast and uninterrupted WiFi in every corner of your house, you must configure the router properly.
To configure your Netgear N300 router, follow the demystify steps given below:
- Plug in your Netgear router and make sure to connect it to your main modem using an Ethernet cable.
- Open a web browser on your PC, laptop, tablet, or any mobile device. Make sure the device you are using is connected properly to your WiFi network.
- Enter the Netgear router IP address i.e. 192.168.1.1 or routerlogin.net carefully without making any mistakes in the browser’s address bar. Also, note down that the IP or the web address entered into the browser’s search bar will redirect you to some unknown website instead of the Netgear N300 router setup page.
- Once you are on the setup page of your N300 device, provide the default Netgear router login credentials.
- Hit on login.
- Netgear Genie page will displays.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and easily set up your N300 device from the comfort of your home.
Once you have set up your Netgear router, disconnect it from your main modem and connect it to your preferred location. But remember the location you choose for your Netgear router must be open, higher, and the central location of your house.
Now, take any of your smart devices like a PC, laptop, or tablet to a different room and see if you can access the Netgear Nighthawk setup page via routerlogin.net or 192.168.1.1 without any hassle.
That’s it! Your WiFi should be back in business now. In case not, just reach out to us through the comments section and let us solve the issues whatsoever you are having.