It is very easy to convert values in kilograms to pounds. These types of conversions are quite common in the examination of kids. Questions like this are actually of the primary school level. But at the same time, it is evident that these conversions are very common in our daily life too. We may require this conversion, when we are planning our diet or when we need to determine the dosage of certain drugs.
Thus, during these times, we may need to convert the values into kg or into pounds as per the requirement of the situation. Hence, it is evident that these types of conversions are very important and all of us should know it. Now, conversions can be carried out very easily, if we know the inter-relation between the two scales. Once we know the relation between the two given scales, then we can easily convert the values from one scale to another.
Thus, knowing the inter relationship is very important and it is the key factor in all types of conversions. While making the conversions, we have to be very attentive. This is because a slight change in the values or a minute mistake during the calculations can greatly deviate us from the results. In case of children, the teachers should always ensure to show the steps involved in the conversion in detail. They should never skip any steps involved in the calculation.
This will make it difficult for the children to understand the conversion thoroughly. Thus, the process involved in the conversion should be broken down into simple steps and then they should elaborately explain each step. Now, in this article we will be discussing the steps involved in the conversion of 30kg to lb.
1. So, the first step involved in the conversion of 30kg to lb is to find the inter-relation between the two scales. Once we know the relation between kilogram and pound, then we can simply use that relation to convert any value in kilogram to that in pounds. So, essentially, we have to find the relationship between the two given scales. Without that, we will not be able to proceed further with the conversion.
2. Now, it is stated that 1 kilogram is equivalent to 2.20462 pounds. Thus, we have got the inter-relationship that exists between the scales, kilogram and pound. Now, using this relation, we can proceed with the conversion and get the value in kilograms converted to that in pounds.
3. So, we have the relationship, 1 kilogram = 2.20462 pounds. The quantity that is given to us for conversion is 30 kilograms. So, in order to convert 30 kilograms to pounds, we have to multiply 30 by 2.20462. This will give us the required value in pounds. Thus, it is evident that the process is considerably simple, if you know the inter-relationship. Once you know that, you can complete the conversion by employing proper calculations.
4. So, as discussed above our next step is to multiply 30 by 2.20462. This will give us the value 66.1386. Thus, this can be regarded as the correct answer to the question. Hence, if we convert 30kg to lb, we will get 66.1386 pounds as the answer.
Things to be kept in mind
Thus, it is evident that during any type of conversion there are two things which we need to consider and do properly. If we are able to accurately perform these two things, then the conversion can be carried out very simply without any problem. This applies to all sorts of conversions. Let us discuss these two things in brief.
- Firstly, we have to determine the inter-relationship that exists between the two given scales. Once we have found out this relationship, then the rest is very easy and can be carried out quickly. During the conversion of 30kg to lb, we have seen that between any two scales, there is a specific inter-relation. This is unique for every two scales. Once we know this, we can employ it to do any type of conversion.
- The second thing that we should keep in mind is to perform the calculations accurately. This is because slight mistakes can bring about great changes in our obtained answer and hence will be regarded as incorrect. We definitely do not want to face such a situation. Thus, we should be very attentive and try to do the calculations accurately. This is especially applicable for children. This is because children usually have a tendency to make very simple mistakes while doing mathematical calculations.
- Such mistakes may lead them to the wrong answer and therefore they may face a deduction in their scores as well. Teachers and adults who are involved in teaching the students should pay considerable attention to this. They should make sure that the students are attentive and are practicing the conversions regularly. This will help them to memorize the inter-relation and at the same time will also help them in reducing their errors.
Hence, from our discussion of the topic ‘30kg to lb’, we can definitely conclude that conversions like these are very simple and can be carried out very easily. At the same time, we should also ensure that we are properly following all the discussed steps. We have also discussed the two factors that play a major role in any types of conversions. Hence, this should also be kept in our minds when we come across these conversions. This will help us to solve the problem easily in less time.
Read also – 84 kg to lbs
These conversions are very frequent in the examinations of primary level school children. But it has been observed that these conversions are also seen in physics and chemistry related numericals of older children also. In such cases, if you are not able to do the conversion, then you will not be able to proceed with the problem. Other than that, these conversions are also common in our everyday life. Hence, they can be regarded as very important and everyone should know how to do it.